The key to every transaction is the title.
We help make that a fluid process.
E-Dealer Direct - Title Policy.
E-Dealer Direct - Title Policy
E-Dealer Direct Sellers have the ability to sell vehicle two ways:
- Title with Deal: Guarantees that the seller has a transferable title in hand and will be turned into the E-Dealer Direct office within 3 - 5 business days from time of sale. Any vehicle where a title has not been received by E-Dealer Direct within the 3 - 5 business days can be turned down at any point after that until a title has been produced. (72hr. notice required)
- Title Attached: Gives the seller 24 business days to produce a transferable title to the E-Dealer Direct office. (72hr. notice required)
What can a seller expect after a sale?
- Notification of Sale– when a vehicle sells on edealerdirect.com, a Bill of Sale (BOS) will be emailed to the address listed in your dealership profile. If paying by check, please mail via FedEx Standard Overnight to 1005 N.Mesa, El Paso, TX 79902. If you prefer to pay via ACH or wire transfer, please call 915-303-8343 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Completing title paperwork options.
- Complete the transfer of ownership–the odometer reading and buyer information can be obtained from the BOS.
- Sign as the seller–E-Dealer Direct Title Team will complete the rest.
- Give E-Dealer Direct Power of Attorney (POA)–the E-Dealer Direct Title Team will complete the title form.
- Delivery requirements based on title status–please take note of the title status when listing vehicles.
- Title With Deal (TWD)–vehicles listed with a transferable title. It is required that the title is delivered to E-Dealer Direct within Five (5) business days of the date of sale. Send title paperwork immediately after receiving the Notification of Sale.
- Title Absent (TA)–vehicles listed without a transferable title. It is required that the title is delivered to E-Dealer Direct within Twenty-one (21) business days of the date of sale. (*** Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic we are experiencing increased delays impacting title processing. Absent title policy has been extended to 30 business days. Buyers will be able to arbitrate for a missing title after 30 days.***)
72 Hour Notice–delinquent title delivery.
If E-Dealer Direct does not receive title within the allotted time, the buyer can place a 72 Hour Notice to withdraw their offer. When a 72 Hour Notice is placed, a member of the E-Dealer Direct Title Team will contact you or your title clerk immediately.
- When can a buyer place a 72 Hour Notice?
- Vehicles listed TWD–the buyer can place a 72 Hour Notice to withdraw their offer as of the 4th business day after the date of sale.
- Vehicles listed TA–the buyer can place a 72 Hour Notice to withdraw their offer as of the 20th business day after the date of sale.
- What can you do to stop a 72 Hour Notice from resulting in the unwinding of a sale? You have until 5:00 PM EST on the 3rd business day from the date the 72 Hour Notice was placed to deliver the title paperwork to E-Dealer Direct headquarters.
- Policy to suspend the 72 Hour Notice due to Inclement weather, natural and human-made disasters. 72 Hour Notices are suspended when inclement weather or a disaster affects a company’s ability to open for business and/or FedEx’s ability to pick up and/or deliver titles. They resume when E-Dealer Direct has resumed operations, and FedEx has the ability to pick-up and/or deliver to the affected areas.
- Before sending your title paperwork to E-Dealer Direct, please ensure:
- The Vin # is correct.
- Mileage branded on the front of the title is accurate.
- If there is a lien on the title, the required signature is on or included with the title, along with the original lien release.
- All reassignments are accurate and included.
- POA is included if required.
- All paperwork requiring a Notary signature has been notarized.
Special Title Notes:
Clerical Errors – If a title problem is due to a clerical / coding error or incomplete documentation, E-Dealer Direct shall be given reasonable time after receiving notice to have the error corrected.
Buyers Responsibilities – E-Dealer Direct and Seller will not be responsible for any vehicle sale or repairs made to Title Attached vehicles in the event a title is not produced.
Seller Responsibilities – Sellers may be responsible for refunding transportation expenses for vehicle where a title could not be produced.
It will be the buyer’s responsibility to notify the E-Dealer Direct title department 72 hours prior to unwinding an auction due to a title not being produced. This will allow E-Dealer Direct to contact the seller and put them on notice of the pending arbitration. If the seller does not produce a transferable title to the E-Dealer Direct office by 5:00pm on the second day after notice was made the auction will be voided. The earliest the notice can be submitted from a buyer is Day 20, (Sale Day being Day 1). Contact titles department at email@example.com
Contact our E-Dealer Direct Title Team at